Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Trees and Extended Family


















Last Saturday we ran up the mountain with my family and cut down our Christmas tree. It's been an Achter tradition that has become a Collado tradition as well! The tree has added a warmth and glow to our little townhome living room.

I wanted to mention a little bit about Thanksgiving a couple days before this, too. We ate at my parents' home with Danilo's parents and sisters and both sets of my grandparents. I felt so very blessed to sit at the dinner table with so many people that are important to me! Other events that made the holiday weekend special were pie night, a temple trip, shopping, and a family home evening all spent with extended family who live both in and out of town. Needless to say, going back to school was rough. I spent all day Sunday talking myself into it so that Monday morning wouldn't be such a dreadful shock. (As I read back over that, "dreadful shock" seems a little harsh. I do enjoy being a teacher. :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love you little Missy! Glad you are my daughter!
Love, Mom

Howard said...

I enjoy and look forward to each of your entries. I see great things ahead for you. I am proud to have you call me Father.