Sunday, September 21, 2008

I have a husband named Danilo


In case you haven't met my husband, I'd like to a minute to introduce you! For some reason, I really fell in love with Spanish while I was in college. I jumped into a beginner's Spanish class and advanced each semester until I had a minor. I met my sweet friend Marlene from Chile during this time. We had a lot of fun together and she knew as much English as I knew Spanish. I know spending time with her helped me a lot. When all was said and done, I was fairly fluent in Spanish and didn't really know why I'd done it!! I began attending a Spanish branch in the area to keep up the language and after several invitations, I finally began attending their young single adult activities. It was at a fireside where Danilo approached me and asked me where I'd learned Spanish. Had I served a mission? he asked. I was flattered and after a few phone conversations and a Saturday night latin dancing date, I was pretty well whooped. Danilo was born in Italy. His parents were Chilean and returned to Chile when he was eight months old. He lived there until he was 13 and then his family moved to Miami. He spent his jr. high and high school years there and moved to Salt Lake at 19. He worked and played and decided something was missing, and that's how he ended up on a mission to Orlando at age 26. I came into the picture five months after he got home and I've been grateful we bumped into each other ever since. He speaks fluent English with a darn cute accent.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey girl!! I am so glad that my sister ran into you. I love being able to hear about my friends that I never get to see anymore. Especially now that we live in Philadelphia. I am so glad that you found the man you wanted to marry. It is fun to be married when you get to see your husband. We have been married for almost 5 years and it's still great. Course the kids are a lot of work but it's worth it. You are so darn cute and I am so glad you got in touch. If you get a chance to e-mail me my address is amywayment2@yahoo.com

Chantel and Brian said...

Hi Brittany, it's Chantel, and I also found your blog through Amy's. It was fun running into you at the temple, and I'm glad I did. You and your husband have such a cute story, and I love that you shared it on your blog!