Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Do Have In-Laws...And I love them!





I have wanted to post things we've done with my in-laws so that their faces are familiar ones on our blog...it's just been a matter of remembering to bring a camera when we do things together. We went to dinner on Thursday night after Nicole's graduation and I'm thrilled we've finally got some pictures for posting! Danilo has two sisters, Cynthia and Nicole, which means Grace is going to have four aunts and an uncle. My mother-in-law lived in Chile until she brought her family here 15 years ago. My father-in-law grew up in Texas close to the Mexican border where he picked up quite a bit of Spanish. They met shortly after Danilo's family arrived in Utah and he brought a wonderful completion to their family as a loving and supportive husband and father. Five or six years ago, my father-in-law was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. While the disease has taken much from him, the decline has become less drastic with surgery, therapy, and medication. I enjoy watching videos with the family of before the Parkinson's because it gives me a peek at the man inside who can't always communicate with us like he'd like to. I have learned much about patience and humility from watching and coming to know him better.

One thing I appreciate so much about my in-laws is how cherished they make me feel. We've been married for almost three years now, and they continue to make me feel like they are so happy that Danilo found me. It's a blessing.

No comments: